Made some for brunch today and although pancakes are extremely simple to make and the recipe is nearly common knowledge, I still thought I’d share this idea/recipe. I know they aren’t the best for shape, I’m horrible at that but maybe you guys can do better?
- 1 Cup self raising flour
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 cup of Milk
- Some butter
- Punnet of blueberries
- 2 tbsp of Strawberry Essence
- Golden Syrup
I think everyone knows how we begin making our pancake mix and if you really don’t well it’s simple and easy. Basically nearly everything goes into one mixing bowl.
1. So go ahead now and add your flour, eggs, sugar, and strawberry essence all into one mixing bowl and start mixing away until the mix is smooth.
2. Now put half of your blueberries into a bowl and save the other half for serving. You’ll want to either cut up the blueberries in the bowl into even smaller pieces or smoosh them up with something like a fork or be manly and crush them with the might of your hands (beware of mess). Once your done, add all the blueberries and what blueberry juice you might have extracted into your pancake mix and just give the whole thing a good stir so the blueberries are all mixed in.
3. Turn your stove onto a medium heat and wait for about a minute for your pan to heat up then get a butter knife and scrap some butter onto it and drop the butter smack bang in the middle of the pan. Don’t spread the butter around and with a large soup or serving spoon, pour a generous scoop into the middle of the pan, on top of the butter.
4. You’ll notice how the mix will automatically spread nicely with the butter into a relatively good shape.
With a turner, nudge at the sides of the pancake to test how much the underside as cooked and if it’s ready to flip. Flip it when it’s possible and when no mix comes out of the centre of the pancake after you jab it with a fork, then it’s done.
Repeat until you’re done with all your mix and now you’re ready to serve your pancakes.
Serve with fresh blueberries on the side and enjoy!